Inspiring ways to Wear Hijab with Style on Weddings


Hijab is in fashion as long as you are comfortable with it. Only thing that comes up in my mind with this word is “ladies/lassies covering their heads beautifully for the sake of their own selves”. It is a healthy practice that dignifies a girl’s beauty. And it’s quite surprising that hijab has always been subjected to criticism. You will always get judgments like
“oh, you look like this”
“oh, you did that”
“oh, you shouldn’t be doing this”

Unfortunately for us, we have a very poisoned and troubled community and unfortunately people around us can’t help but judge us religiously on everything we do. Sometimes it can really push you away from religion and I have experienced this myself. It’s really difficult to go through but it gives you utmost strength at the same time. Embrace yourself. Go girl, get your hijab and rock it like no other. Inspire others.

I remember the first time I wore hijab on a wedding, it really was a dramatic experience, good and bad at the same time. Bad in the sense that I faced suspicious looks, eyes chasing me, comments and to some extent I was feeling a little bit nervous. But felt really good by realizing that there is nobody else besides me, If I don’t fit into this place then it could be a good sign that I am Unique. What makes me unique? “Hijab”. I picked my style and that fits me right.
I Wore my Hijab more consistently from that day forward, combining Fashion and Hijab to come up with something that goes along with modern world. I tried different Hijab styles. The point in discussing the negative aspect is having you realized that nothing can stop you. And if anything is bothering you, you should step forward and show your inner strength. Your consent is important in the first place.

I am going to tell you about hijab styles I often do when going to some party or wedding. Easy to do and carry.


        Simple hijab style


Before moving to any detailed look, let me tell you about the simpler one. If you are a beginner, it’s quite easy to do. Take your scarf and fold it inward, about one third of the scarf. Place it on your head. Keep one side shorter and the other one longer.  Hold both side of your scarf, wrap it around your face, take a safety pin and pin it under your chin. Now, wrap the longer side of your scarf over your head and pin it on the other side. Flip the shorter side behind your opposite shoulder, underneath.


        Accessorizing simple Hijab


You can follow the steps mentioned above and the only difference we are going to make is embellishing the side hanging down one side of your face with available jewelry. This will add to your look. It looks classy, decent and fabulous.


Layered hijab

Most of the time, I like to add volume to my hijab by forming several layers. It looks so good. You can wear it with any of your favorite dresses. Go for a headscarf that matches perfectly with your dress. Don’t go for any loud contrast. You can accessorize it too with a fancy headdress.


Hijab for earrings

I always felt so happy thinking “No girl, there is no way that hijab is getting in your way”. You can wear your favorite jewelry articles. You have to decide if you are going for turban style or another one.
1.     A great technique to show off your earrings is doing your hijab this way.
Tie up your scarf, slightly behind your earlobes, at the nape of your neck. Take one side of the scarf and flip it behind your opposite shoulder and then flip the same end back to the front of the other shoulder. Grab the shorter side and put it over. Your look is complete.

2.     Turban hijab style is one of my favorites. Wrap your scarf along the hairline and pin it at the nape of your neck. Take one end of the scarf. Flip it and wrap it over your head. Secure it with a pin and you are done.



I can talk about it all day long. I know you are going to kill these looks.

6 comments: